One of the first times my mom and I actually worked together on cooking! Not bad for our first try. It's pretty good! We really love the light taste of it. If you like lemon, make sure you add more lemon zest/juice. I guess the carrots absorbed it. Overall it's very good though!
Lemon Veggies and Pasta
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package rigatoni pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Stir in hot cooked pasta, basil, butter, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables