Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Stir together 1⁄4 cup sugar, matzo meal, chopped slivered almonds, and melted butter; press mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool crust on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add remaining 13⁄4 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
Bake at 325° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake to a wire rack; run a sharp knife around edges of pan to loosen. Cool completely. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Place cheesecake on a serving platter or cake stand; release sides of springform pan, and remove. Spread Lemon Curd evenly over top of cheesecake. Garnish, if desired.
*Substitute 1 1⁄3 cups prepared lemon curd, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings