Lemon-Thyme Curd Filling
Lemon-Thyme Curd Filling delivers fresh tasting, tart flavor. Spread Lemon-Thyme Curd Filling between layers of white cake, and pair filling with our Whiite Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
More From Southern Living
Total: 8 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Pour water to depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer. Whisk eggs and egg yolks in top of double boiler off of heat; whisk in sugar and next 3 ingredients. Scrape out vanilla bean seeds into egg mixture, and whisk until blended. Place top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, whisking constantly, 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 2. Remove top of double boiler from simmering water, and add butter and salt, whisking until butter is melted. Place plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming), and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note