The bread didn't rise at all...it was very dense and overly lemon. I might make it again with some adjustments to get it to rise more.
Lemon-Thyme Cornmeal Quick Bread
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 188mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring mixture with a whisk.
- 3. Place egg substitute, sugar, and oil in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed 1 minute or until well blended. Add thyme, rind, and juice; beat at low speed until combined. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Chop 1 tablespoon nuts; stir into batter.
- 4. Pour batter into a 9 x 5–inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon whole nuts. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven (do not turn oven off). Drizzle butter evenly over batter. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads