nice shortbread flavor, perfect with coffee or tea
Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Photo: Southern Living
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add powdered and granulated sugars, beating well. Add eggs, oil, and lemon juice, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Press thumb in center of each cookie to make an indentation.
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. (Do not brown.) Remove to wire racks to cool. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam in each indentation.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note