As I could not find cookies fro crust so I tried only the lemon curd and used it with citrus chiffon cake. The curd was better than anything like this I ever got from bakery and one of the best things I ever tried. It is delicious..
Lemon Tart with Coconut Crust
Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 10
Cost per Serving: $.83
More From Allyou
Chill: 4 Hours
Bake: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 503
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 23g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 226mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Lemon curd:
- 8 large egg yolks
- Grated zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar-cookie crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1. Make curd: In a pan, whisk yolks, zest, juice, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; whisk in butter, one piece at a time, until melted. Strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly onto surface of curd. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 3. Make crust: Stir coconut, crumbs and butter until blended. Firmly press onto bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Chill 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake crust until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
- 5. Spread curd in crust. Remove tart from pan; slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts