- Lemon curd:
- 8 large egg yolks
- Grated zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar-cookie crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- calories 503
- fat 34 g
- satfat 23 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 48 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 226 mg
- sodium 169 mg
How to Make It
Make curd: In a pan, whisk yolks, zest, juice, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from heat; whisk in butter, one piece at a time, until melted. Strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly onto surface of curd. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Make crust: Stir coconut, crumbs and butter until blended. Firmly press onto bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Chill 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake crust until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Spread curd in crust. Remove tart from pan; slice and serve.