Loved this. I had a similar recipe that I lost about 3 yrs. ago and have been searching ever since for one like it. This one fit the bill. I did not add the pecans and used dried Tarragon. secret with using dried herbs is to cook them until they give off an aroma on the stove top. Next time will do with the pecans
Lemon-Tarragon Chicken Salad
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 7 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half (optional)
- Garnish: halved lemon slices
- 1. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool pecans on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- 3. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in pecans, chicken, celery, and onion just until blended. Stir in grape halves, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads