This was super-quick and delicious. The asparagus was perfectly cooked (I let it go to about 3 minutes with medium-sized stalks). I squeezed a little extra lemon juice over the top and added a touch of salt, but it was really very good as-is. I served it with sirloin in mushroom-red wine reduction and a side of sweet potatoes topped with shallots and rosemary (both recipes also CL).
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 153mg
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, tarragon, garlic, shallot, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and oil. Arrange asparagus on a platter. Drizzle tarragon mixture over asparagus; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables