Lemon-Sugar Grilled Pineapple
Three ingredients are all you need for a super-easy fruit salad or dessert at your next barbecue.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- 1 pineapple (about 4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Trim and peel pineapple. Cut lengthwise into quarters and remove the tough core. Cut each quarter in half crosswise, making 8 sections.
- Combine lemon zest and sugar in a ziplock bag. Rub vigorously to blend flavors.
- Prepare a charcoal fire, let burn to a gray ash and set grill about 6 inches from heat source. (Alternatively, set a stove-top grill pan over medium-low heat.)
- Working with one or two sections at a time, place pineapple in bag with sugar mixture and turn carefully to coat. Transfer to grill and cook, flipping often, until caramelized and slightly softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note