Whipped cream and crushed lemon drops update this sweet-tart dessert.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
Cool: 2 Hours
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 5 lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: whipped cream, crushed lemon drop candies
- 1. Pulse 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup butter in a food processor 6 times or until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Combine baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup flour; whisk into egg mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack 2 hours or until completely cool. Cut into squares. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note