Quick and easy and excellent! I skipped the first spinach-cooking step and just cooked it in the chicken broth mixture in step 4, right before serving. I served it with rice instead of mashers. YUM!
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 15 min. Serve on top of creamy mashed potatoes and garnish with halved grape tomatoes. The lemon sauce makes a light gravy over the potatoes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (10-oz.) package fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (6-oz.) PILGRIM'S PRIDE EatWellStayHealthy Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Garnish: grape tomato halves
- 1. Cook spinach in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer spinach to a bowl.
- 2. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet; add chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden and done. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 4. Add chicken broth and next 4 ingredients to skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in spinach, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve chicken over spinach mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes