The first time I made this I didn't have enough lemons, so I used about half of the juice called for in the recipe. It was delicious and the whole family loved it. The second time I had enough lemons and it didn't go over as well. So when I make this recipe again I'll definitely use 1/8 cup of lemon juice instead of the 1/4 cup called for in the recipe. Try it! You won't be disappointed.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add garlic, and sauté until tender. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in pan.
- Stir chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice into reserved drippings, loosening browned particles in skillet; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Place spinach on individual serving plates; spoon chicken and sauce over spinach.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This