Community Recipe from
- 2/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 2/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pound(s) dried sspaghetti
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon peel freshely grated
- in a large bowl, whisk the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt/ and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside. [The sauce can be made up to 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. bring to room temperature before serving.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occassionally, until tender but still firm to the bite , about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowls and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Spaghetti Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes