Served this for a large crowd everyone loved it. Will definitely make it again.
Lemon Southwest Rice
Stir in the cilantro, chiles, and lemon rind at the end for the best flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add rice, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth and next 4 ingredients (through saffron); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cilantro, chiles, and rind.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note