Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
Add zesty citrus flavor to an old-fashioned sour cream pound cake with fresh lemon juice and a tangy lemon glaze. A large heavy-duty mixer is the secret to this one-step mixing method.
Yield: 1 (10-inch) cake
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon Glaze
- Place first 9 ingredients in a 4-quart mixing bowl (in that order). Beat at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack. Drizzle evenly with Lemon Glaze.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a KitchenAid mixer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This