Prep the lemon curd up to 2 weeks ahead and you can serve these in just 30 minutes.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups Quick and Easy Lemon Curd, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat 5 lightly greased 4-oz. ramekins with granulated sugar, shaking out excess. Place on a jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Whisk together 1 cup lemon curd and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into curd mixture using a rubber spatula; fold in remaining egg whites just until blended. Pour gently into ramekins, filling to top. Run tip of thumb around edges of ramekins, wiping clean.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°, and bake 4 minutes or until soufflés rise and are set. (Center should be slightly loose when shaken.) Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with remaining lemon curd.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note