I followed the recipe exactly and it had way too much lemon juice for us. It might be good with less.
Lemon-Snap Pea Quinoa
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 131mg
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup diagonally halved sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring 1 2/3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender; drain. Add sugar snap peas, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped fresh thyme, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper, stirring to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note