Surprisingly delicious. Welcome change from typical coleslaws. It would go well as a side dish for grilled meats or even fried chicken. I used this as a side for French Dip Sandwiches (recipe on website) and the subtle hint of lemon was refreshing against the salty of the au jus of the sandwich. Followed the recipe exactly, just halved everything since we're a small family.
The chilling time allows the flavors to develop and the cabbage to soften slightly.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (16-oz.) packages shredded coleslaw mix
- 1. Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl until blended; add coleslaw mix, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads