Lemon Shrimp Saute
Community Recipe from
- 1 C orzo, uncooked
- 2 T Olive oil, divided; salt and pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 t salt, 1/4 t pepper
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 C Chopped Parsley divided
- 1/2 C red bell pepper diced
- 1 - 2 C fresh baby spinach optional
- 1 C white wine ( I use savingnon blanc)
- 4 T Butter
- Juice and rind of one lemon
- 1 T capers ( i usually don't add these) Optional
- Cook orzo in boiling water until tender; drain. Toss with 1T olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In large skillet heat remaining 1 T olive oil. Add garlic and sauté 1 min. Add shrimp, salt, pepper and 2T parsley. Cook 3 min. turn shrimp and add red pepper; cook an additional 3 min. Remove from pan and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add lemon juice and wine to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by 1/3/ ( about 2 min) Add spinach at this time and allow to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining parsley. Sir in butter, lemon rind, and capers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over shrimp. Serve on orzo. Top with fresh grated parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes