i've made this a few times, and everytime it tastes great, and people always love it! if you want something tasty and lots of compliments, try this out!
Lemon Shortbread Cheesecake
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
A smooth, delicate cheesecake. Lemon zest in the crust brings out the tang of the cheese. Prep and Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours, plus at least 4 hours cooling and chilling time.
Yield: Makes one 8-in. cheesecake; 12 to 16 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- 7 ounces shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. finely grated fresh lemon zest (from about 3 lemons), divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 12 ounces fresh, mild goat cheese (such as Haystack Boulder Chèvre)
- 10 ounce cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 to 10 medium strawberries, stemmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Crumble cookies into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. In a medium bowl, toss 2 tbsp. lemon zest with 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar. Add cookie crumbs and mix well. Butter sides of an 8-in. pan with removable rim and press cookie mixture into bottom; bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
- 2. Lower temperature to 275°. In standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat goat cheese and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add remaining lemon zest, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, the orange zest, 3/4 cup sugar, the sour cream, and the vanilla; beat well. Scrape bowl and add eggs; beat well.
- 3. Pour batter onto crust and bake about 1 hour, or until set on the sides but still quite jiggly in the center and only slightly sticky. Turn oven off, crack oven door, and let cake cool in oven 2 hours. Remove and let cool completely; then chill, covered, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- 4. Run a thin knife between cake and rim of pan and remove rim. Thinly slice strawberries, then toss with remaining 2 1/2 tbsp. sugar and lemon juice. Arrange on cake.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note