Lemon Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon Cream Frosting
- Lemon bows
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir well after each addition. Stir in lemon rind and juice.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2- inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Lemon Cream Frosting over cake. Garnish with lemon bows.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note