Prep: 20 minutes; other: 8 hours and 10 minutes
This refreshing lemon version of semifreddo was a hit with our taste-testing panel. It's ideal for entertaining because of the large yield. Garnish each serving with fresh mint leaves and a few fresh berries to make it extraspecial.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 63mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 3 cups vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to extend over edges of pan; set aside.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon into prepared pan, and freeze at least 8 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes; unmold and remove plastic wrap. Cut into slices.
- Note: For individual servings, place 14 jumbo aluminum muffin liners on a baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 cup semifreddo mixture into each liner. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in freezer up to 1 month.
- Semifreddo (say-mee-FRAYD-doh) is an Italian whipped cream that is served half-frozen so that it has a rich and creamy texture. It can be flavored with anything from vanilla to coffee.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note