- 2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Cook peas in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. (To make ahead, wrap peas in paper towels, and place in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and chill 8 hours.)
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add peas, and sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and remaining ingredients. Sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This can be doubled to serve eight.