I also added poppy seeds. Pretty good.
Lemon-Scented Olive Oil Muffins
The unique flavor of these little breads is a slight departure from a traditional sweet muffin, and they make a delightful addition to any brunch menu. If you love the taste of olive oil, choose a robust, full-flavored one for a more intense taste.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 166
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 131mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Remaining ingredient:
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare muffins, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine sour cream and next 6 ingredients (through egg white) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well combined. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter evenly into 10 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon rind, and 3 tablespoons juice in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread about 1 teaspoon glaze over each muffin; let stand 5 minutes or until set. Garnish with lemon rind, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This