Loved this recipe! Best combination for spaghetti squash ever.
Lemon-Sage Spaghetti Squash
We gave this dish our Test Kitchens' highest rating. Similar in looks to spaghetti, this squash is good when it's seasoned like pasta—with butter, garlic, and cheese. Serve with chicken or fish in place of pasta or rice.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 (2-pound) spaghetti squash
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons small fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Pierce squash several times with a fork; place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 6 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides up, in baking dish; add water. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap, turning back 1 corner to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool 15 minutes.
- 2. While squash cools, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3. Using a fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from squash. Add strands (about 3 cups) to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a bowl; add Parmesan cheese and remaining ingredients, and toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note