Loved this recipe! Best combination for spaghetti squash ever.
Lemon-Sage Spaghetti Squash
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 (2-pound) spaghetti squash
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons small fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Pierce squash several times with a fork; place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 6 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides up, in baking dish; add water. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap, turning back 1 corner to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool 15 minutes.
- 2. While squash cools, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3. Using a fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from squash. Add strands (about 3 cups) to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a bowl; add Parmesan cheese and remaining ingredients, and toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables