I made this chicken as a part of our Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club. Here's the blog link - http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/cooking-light-notes-of-citrus.html - The citrus and sage make a flavorful marinade. I made a little extra and boiled that down for a thickend sauce. (of course not the same the chicken had been in) Beautiful flavors! Y'all enjoy ~ Sandi
Lemon and Sage Chicken
Antioxidant compounds in citrus fruits and herbs may reduce the formation of HCA compounds. Here, we leave the skin on the chicken for moisture while grilling, then discard.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 1 (4-pound) roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Sauternes or other dessert white wine
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Cut the chicken into drumsticks, thighs, and breasts; cut each breast in half crosswise to form 4 breast pieces total. Reserve wings and back for another use.
- 2. Combine rind and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Place juice mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour. Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt.
- 3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat. After preheating, turn the left burner off (leave the right burner on), or arrange charcoal on one side of grill for indirect heat.
- 4. Place chicken on grill rack covering right burner; grill over direct heat 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Move chicken to grill rack covering left burner; grill over indirect heat 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Discard chicken skin.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This