Lemon-Rosemary Slice 'N' Bakes
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cane syrup*
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Beat first 7 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy.
- 2. Add flour; beat until blended. Divide dough into 4 portions, and shape each portion into an 8- x 2-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, switching pans halfway through. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Gently toss together warm cookies and powdered sugar to coat. Transfer to wire racks, and cool.
- *Sorghum or honey may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note