Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Swiss Chard and Baked Delicata Squash
From "The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook" by Mark Hyman, MD Prep time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Level: Easy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 delicata squash, halved and seeded
- 1 medium head Swiss chard, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup(s) almond meal
- dash(es) sea salt, to taste
- dash(es) freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Brush and cut sides of the squash with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the squash, cut sides down, on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes. The squash is cooked when a knife slides into the flesh easily when pierced. Let the squash cool and remove the skin. Dice the squash into 1-inch cubes and reserve.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the Swiss chard and cook until it wilts, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the greens to a platter.
- 4. Lay out a 12-inch length of plastic wrap and place the chicken breast in the center of the plastic wrap. Cover the chicken with a second piece of plastic wrap and pound them with a kitchen mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- 5. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with almond meal and salt and pepper to taste, and set them on a plate.
- 6. Heat the remaining 4 teaspoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Swirl the oil in the pan to coat the bottom evenly. Carefully add the chicken breasts and cook them for 5 minutes per side.
- 7. While the chicken cooks, combine the broth, lemon juice, and rosemary in a small bowl and stir until well mixed.
- 8. When the chicken is golden brown on both sides and cooked through, add the lemon-rosemary mixture to the pan and cook until the sauce reduces and coats the chicken, 2-3 minutes. Serve the chicken on top of the cooked greens with the roasted squash alongside. Any leftover chicken and vegetables can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evgamache and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note