Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Swiss Chard and Baked Delicata Squash
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 delicata squash, halved and seeded
- 1 medium head Swiss chard, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup(s) almond meal
- dash(es) sea salt, to taste
- dash(es) freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Brush and cut sides of the squash with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the squash, cut sides down, on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes. The squash is cooked when a knife slides into the flesh easily when pierced. Let the squash cool and remove the skin. Dice the squash into 1-inch cubes and reserve.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the Swiss chard and cook until it wilts, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the greens to a platter.
- 4. Lay out a 12-inch length of plastic wrap and place the chicken breast in the center of the plastic wrap. Cover the chicken with a second piece of plastic wrap and pound them with a kitchen mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- 5. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with almond meal and salt and pepper to taste, and set them on a plate.
- 6. Heat the remaining 4 teaspoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Swirl the oil in the pan to coat the bottom evenly. Carefully add the chicken breasts and cook them for 5 minutes per side.
- 7. While the chicken cooks, combine the broth, lemon juice, and rosemary in a small bowl and stir until well mixed.
- 8. When the chicken is golden brown on both sides and cooked through, add the lemon-rosemary mixture to the pan and cook until the sauce reduces and coats the chicken, 2-3 minutes. Serve the chicken on top of the cooked greens with the roasted squash alongside. Any leftover chicken and vegetables can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evgamache and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes