This recipe is great, i used dried rosemary out of convenience as it was what i had on hand. Im sure that fresh would have been better, as it always is, but the taste was still incredible. Ive noticed that the big complaint about this recipe wasnt with the flavor but rather a lack of flavor in the actual meat, that is to say that all the flavor was in the skin. Here is a tip i learned from my Granny, make a slit in the skin and put some of the seasoning under it so that it can reach the meat. Otherwise the skin acts as a shield and absorbs all the flavor while keeping it away from the meat.
Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Thighs
At $0.73 a serving, you'll stay within your grocery budget for sure with these citrusy herbed chicken thighs. Rice and steamed fresh broccoli are equally economical sides that are great with the tender dark meat chicken.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lb.), excess fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry. Arrange thighs, skin side down, on a broiler pan. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Brush 1/3 of mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn chicken thighs skin side up. Brush 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until thighs are browned, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off broiler and set oven to 450°F. Brush final 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over chicken (discard any leftover lemon-juice mixture) and return pan to oven. Bake until juices run clear when pricked with a fork and meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This