I thought this was a good recipe. What needs to be remembered is that of course, oven roasted chicken is better. However, for the convenience of a crock pot, this recipe is great. So that I could leave the chicken all day, I cooked it on low for 8 hours and didn't bother with a rack. Instead, I added whole carrots and celery sticks and a quartered onion to the bottom of the pot and set the chicken on that. Great weekday main course and the leftovers make a good chicken salad.
All you need are 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to make this citrusy lemon-rosemary chicken for dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 53g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- 1 lemon
- 1 4-lb. whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Halve lemon and place inside chicken cavity along with rosemary and garlic. Fold wings under and tie legs together. Rub chicken all over with 2 Tbsp. butter and sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place chicken, breast side up, on a small rack inside slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180ºF, 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 3. Preheat broiler to high. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Transfer chicken, breast side up, to a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush chicken with melted butter and broil to brown skin, 2 to 3 minutes. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board before carving and serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note