This is one of my favorites but,in the summer, I put it on the rotisserie on the grill. Perfect ever time and a real crowd pleaser.
Photo: Ryan Benyl; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 53g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 4-lb. whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Halve lemon and place inside cavity of chicken along with rosemary, garlic and 2 Tbsp. butter. Fold wings under chicken and tie legs together with string. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place chicken, breast side up, on a small rack inside slow cooker. Cook on high until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180ºF, 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 3. Preheat broiler to high. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Transfer chicken, breast side up, to a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush chicken with melted butter and broil to brown skin, 2 to 3 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes on a cutting board before carving and serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes