Delicious! Instead of rolling the dough and using cookie cutters, I shaped it into a log, chilled it, and sliced into rounds. Small diameter works best. Very attractive and tasty!
Lemon Rosemary Button Shortbreads
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 115
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 2 lemons, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 32 small fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Put flour, butter, granulated sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the zest of 1 lemon and rosemary. Mix on low speed, then increase to medium and mix until dough is no longer crumbly and just comes together.
- 2. Form dough into a disk and chill 30 minutes. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough until 1/2 in. thick. Cut dough into circles with a 1 1/2-in. cookie cutter. Reroll scraps as needed. Arrange on baking sheets 1 in. apart and chill 15 minutes.
- 3. Bake until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4. Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, and the remaining zest until smooth. Spoon 1/2 tsp. glaze over each cooled cookie, spreading with the back of the spoon; then press 1 rosemary sprig into center of each cookie.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts