- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) broiler-fryer
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large lemon, sliced (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Rub outside of chicken lightly with 3 tablespoons butter. Place remaining butter in cavity of chicken, and truss securely.
Place chicken, breast side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Combine chicken broth and lemon juice; pour over chicken. Bake at 400°, basting occasionally, for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley, if desired.