Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, minced
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 4 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano freshly grated
- In a heavy saucepan over moderately low heat add olive oil, onion and lemon rind; saute slowly for 5 minutes. Add rice; stir to coat with oil. Turn up heat to high; toast rice, stirring, for 30 seconds. Immediately add ½ cup of the stock; reduce heat to medium-low and stir until stock is absorbed. Add more, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when previous portion has been absorbed (about 20 to 25 minutes), stir in ¼ cup of the lemon juice. The rice should be tender. If not, add warm water bit by bit until rice is tender yet firm. Stir in parmesan. Cook briefly to blend and melt cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add remaining lemon juice;
- serve immediately in warm bowls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note