Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping
Prep: 20 minutes; Bake: 1 hour, 20 minutes; Chill: 4 hours or overnight.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3 (15-ounce) containers whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
- Strawberry Topping
- 1. Heat oven to 325°. Sprinkle breadcrumbs into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Wrap pan in a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil; press foil up sides of pan. Set pan in large roasting pan.
- 2. Blend ricotta, sour cream, and sugar in a food processor; pulse until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl. Scrape mixture into a large bowl.
- 3. Add eggs and next 3 ingredients in food processor; pulse until smooth. Pour into bowl with ricotta mixture, stirring until blended. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place roasting pan on center oven rack. Pour about 1/2 inch boiling water to the pan. Bake about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake is set around the edges and lightly golden on top. (The center will jiggle slightly.)
- 4. Remove cake pan from foil, being careful of hot water in roasting pan. Run a sharp knife around cake. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Place on rack in refrigerator; let cool in pan overnight. Serve cut wedges with Strawberry Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts