Tangy lemon juice and sweet raspberry preserves make a refreshing filling for these cakes.
Oxmoor House OCTOBER 2006
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in vanilla.
3. Place 33 foil muffin cup liners on a large baking sheet, or place in muffin cups. Divide batter evenly among muffin cup liners, filling about two-thirds full.
4. Bake at 375° for 17 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and cracks in cakes appear dry.
5. Set aside 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves. Combine remaining raspberry preserves, lemon rind, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl, stirring until smooth; set aside.
6. Combine powdered sugar and remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add reserved 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves to lemon juice glaze; swirl together with a knife.
7. Cut a deep slit in top center of each cake to form a pocket. Carefully spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful of raspberry filling into each warm cake. Spoon 1 tablespoon lemon juice glaze evenly over each cake.
Go to full version of