Tangy lemon juice and sweet raspberry preserves make a refreshing filling for these cakes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup low-sugar seedless raspberry preserves (such as Smucker's), divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Place 33 foil muffin cup liners on a large baking sheet, or place in muffin cups. Divide batter evenly among muffin cup liners, filling about two-thirds full.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 17 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and cracks in cakes appear dry.
- 5. Set aside 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves. Combine remaining raspberry preserves, lemon rind, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- 6. Combine powdered sugar and remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add reserved 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves to lemon juice glaze; swirl together with a knife.
- 7. Cut a deep slit in top center of each cake to form a pocket. Carefully spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful of raspberry filling into each warm cake. Spoon 1 tablespoon lemon juice glaze evenly over each cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note