i didn't care much for the jam filling in the middle. i absolutely LOVED the frosting, but the jam centers seemed to make the cupcakes a little too sweet and the amount of work to fill them was definitely not worth it. I would definitely make them again but skip the filling.
Lemon-Raspberry Angel Food Cupcakes
More From Southern Living BBQ on Tour
Other Time: 1 Hour, 2 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package DUNCAN HINES Angel Food Cake Mix
- 24 paper baking cups
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Fresh raspberries
- Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare angel food cake batter according to package directions. Place paper baking cups into 2 (12-cup) muffin pans. Spoon batter into cups.
- Bake at 325° for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Make a small hole in tops of cupcakes with a knife or end of a wooden spoon. Pipe or spoon about 1 tsp. raspberry jam into centers of cupcakes.
- Prepare Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add lemon juice, beating just until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended; stir in lemon zest.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on tops of cupcakes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note