Lemon Pudding Cakes
- 4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream and fresh mint
- Beat 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon rind at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg yolks; beat 3 minutes or until pale. Gradually add lemon juice and flour, beating until blended. Slowly add half-and-half, beating until blended.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until soft peaks form; fold into lemon mixture.
- Spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter evenly into 6 (6-ounce) ramekins. Place ramekins in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour lemon mixture evenly into each ramekin. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool in water bath. Remove cooled ramekins from water bath. Cover and chill 8 hours. Loosen chilled cakes from ramekins, and invert onto individual serving plates. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts