A twist to whipped cream, with the lemon curd.
Lemon Pound Cake with Mint Berries and Cream
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12-ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Process sugar and mint leaves in a food processor until blended.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add 1 1/2 tablespoons mint mixture and 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add flour alternately with 1/2 cup whipping cream, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice. Pour batter into an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch greased and floured loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Beat remaining 2 cups whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon mint mixture at medium speed with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd.
- Stir together remaining mint mixture, remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and strawberries.
- Serve pound cake with lemon cream and strawberries. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Pound Cake with Mint Berries and Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American, Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy, Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living