- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12-ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
How to Make It
Process sugar and mint leaves in a food processor until blended.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add 1 1/2 tablespoons mint mixture and 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add flour alternately with 1/2 cup whipping cream, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice. Pour batter into an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch greased and floured loafpan.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
Beat remaining 2 cups whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon mint mixture at medium speed with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd.
Stir together remaining mint mixture, remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and strawberries.
Serve pound cake with lemon cream and strawberries. Garnish, if desired.