Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing
Copycat Starbuck's Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) Yellow cake mix
- 1 box(es) 4.3 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream
- 6 tablespoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 2 loaf pans generously with cooking spray.
- Place all cake ingredients in no particular order into stand or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Divide cake batter between two prepared loaf pans spreading evenly. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing loaves from pans.
- To prepare icing, place powdered sugar into a large bowl. Drizzle in lemon juice stirring until smooth and thick. Should be a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cakes and let set for 20 minutes for a firm icing. Otherwise slice while still wet if desired.
- Note: You can make this same recipe into cupcakes, small loaves and even a layered cake. Adjust baking time accordingly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by goldmanaz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts