Lemon Pound Cake with Fruit Compote
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.95
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 90g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries in syrup
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Position a rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together twice.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 3/4 cup sugar and butter on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in milk and lemon peel (batter will look curdled). Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined, scraping down side of bowl. Transfer to pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake loaf until a cake tester comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn cake out onto rack set over a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, cook remaining 1/4 cup sugar and juice over medium heat, stirring, to dissolve sugar. Prick top of cake all over about 1 inch deep with a toothpick. Brush glaze onto cake. Let cake cool completely.
- Puree raspberries with syrup; serve with cake alongside ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note