This is delicious with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or soft frozen yogurt. Prep: 15 minutes, Bake: 1 hour, Cook: 7 minutes.
MyRecipes APRIL 2006
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir together lemon zest, juice, and yogurt in a separate bowl.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a third bowl; add to butter mixture, alternately with yogurt mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes. While still warm, turn out of pan; remove lemon slices from Lemon Glaze, and place on top of cake. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Continue to cool on wire rack.
Go to full version of