This lemon pound cake is phenomenal! My kids went crazy over it. I didn't actually put the lemon slices on the bread because I thought my kids wouldn't eat them anyway. I've made the lemon bread from Barefoot Contessa and it has a lot more butter. This is lovely and light.
Lemon Pound Cake with Candied Lemon Slices
This is delicious with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or soft frozen yogurt. Prep: 15 minutes, Bake: 1 hour, Cook: 7 minutes.
Yield: Makes 1 (9- x 5-inch) loaf
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Stir together lemon zest, juice, and yogurt in a separate bowl.
- 4. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a third bowl; add to butter mixture, alternately with yogurt mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes. While still warm, turn out of pan; remove lemon slices from Lemon Glaze, and place on top of cake. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Continue to cool on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts