Lemon Pound Cake
Yield: one 10-inch cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Notched lemon slices, cut in half
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, mixing well. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10-inch Bundt pan. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack, and cool completely. Prick cake several times with a wooden pick. Combine remaining sugar and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl; pour over top of cake. Garnish with lemon slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings