Lemon-Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread from Southern Living
This makes 3 (5 x 3 inch) loaves. The tender, fine-crumbed texture and bright citrus flavor offer a refreshing change from traditional spiced zucchini breads.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in zucchini and next 2 ingredients. Spoon batter into 3 greased and floured 5-x-3-inch disposable aluminum foil loaf pans, about 1 1/3 cups batter per pan.
- 3. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads