Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Combine first 5 ingredients together in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch