Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake
Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake is a light and fresh tasting dessert that you can make easily in your slow cooker. Wait until the edges of the cake are golden before you dig in.
Yield: Serves 10 to 12
- 1 15.8-oz. lemon-poppy seed bread mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 8-oz. container sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine bread mix, egg, sour cream and 1/2 cup water in a mixing bowl. Stir until well moistened; spread in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Combine remaining water and other ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour boiling mixture over batter in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until edges are golden.
- Turn off slow cooker; let cake cool in slow cooker for about 30 minutes with lid ajar. When cool enough to handle, hold a large plate over top of slow cooker and invert to turn out cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings